I’m taking my Aunt Gail’s advice here and writing all the positive things in my life down for myself so I can see all that I have in life and all I have to offer in life. So here goes:
- I have a cell phone, so I can text people too. It goes both ways
- The friends I do have that stuck it out with me through the very hard times I truly adore you
- I have the most awesome family a girl could ask for, with 2 parents who love me unconditionally
- I can stay out longer than I could before and am becoming more comfortable being around larger groups of people
- I have money to put gas in my car so I can drive even all the way to Delaware to be with people I love
- I still have a journal and I write in it constantly, so even though I’m not creatively writing, I’m still writing
- I have things to look forward to, like weddings of friends and other events
- I’m happy enough on my own without needing a significant other to be with me all the time.
- I am strong
- I can offer support to those in need of it because I’ve been through so much
- I am worthy of love
- I helped take care of some of the bills in this house when i first got disability checks, and I feel good about that. I’m trying to pay my mother back for all the care and support that she’s given me over the years
- I like that I can cry and let it all out and then be okay. This hasn’t happened in a long time until recently
- I got a little of that creative spark back with Lauren’s bridal shower this weekend while we were painting. I loved it
- I can’t binge watch tv anymore, but I can still watch a show… just much slower than I would have before, and I can enjoy it
- I’m happy to be alive
- I live for God and His beloved Son, Jesus, and I am proud of that
- I may have more pain than before, but I can still get around, and for that I am grateful
- I love myself for who I am right at this moment in time
So there’s a list to start. I’m sure there’s more, but it’s 4:18am here and I’m falling back to sleep. I just wanted to write this for myself so I can look back on it when I’m feeling down and know that there are positive things in my life.
Much love to you all!